Sunday, May 13, 2007

On Being a Mother

A few things I love about being a mother:
  • I love the way Sam brings me a book at bedtime and sits on my lap so I can read it to him. Then Jonah comes and wants to sit on my lap too. There is nothing like that cozy feeling of having them both on my lap and reading a book together.
  • I love hearing Bekah play the piano and cello. I often hear her playing the piano and then notice she is playing without the music!
  • I love how Jonah swings on our swing on his belly and pushes off with his feet. "I look like a bird!" he says.
  • I love how Bekah asks me questions that I have no idea what the answer is. It keeps me learning too!
  • I love how my kids look when they are sleeping, so peaceful and still.
  • I love how Jonah holds onto the stroller when we take a walk. I never told him to do this, he has just always done it.
  • I love how Sam always points to balls and puppies. Any dog is a puppy to him and he always says "puppies, ohhh", when he sees one.
  • I love how Jonah is always singing or humming.
  • I love that Bekah writes stories and then illustrates them. They are so creative and funny.
  • I love how my kids teach me something new every day and I couldn't imagine a life without them!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: