Thursday, May 3, 2007

Distractions

I walk/run on the treadmill every weekday morning. It is usually difficult to do this without a few interuptions from the boys, breaking up fights and changing Sam's inevitable poopy diaper. This morning, however has been too much! I knew I had a guy coming to check the air conditioner for the season between 8:30 and 10:30 (maybe it will be closer to 10:30, right?) so I thought I'd hop on the treadmill at 8 sharp and go at least a mile. Jonah wanted to watch Cuious George the movie so I put that in and thought I was good to go. I got on the treadmill and started walking. Then the DVD just stopped and wouldn't play. The thing just clicks at me (and it is a brand new player!). I turn on PBS kids. I got on again and smelled the poopy diaper, I decided to just go a mile quick and change him after. Then I ran for a while and Jonah had to go potty. Then I got back on and my book on tape was eaten my the tape player aghhhhh! Then I just decide to run out the mile and the phone rings, the air conditioner man is on his way and Jonah needs me to "WIPE A BOTTOM" (that's him yelling from the bathroom at me). Forget the treadmill. The thing is, I know if I don't do it in the morning it won't get done. Looks like it's not happening today!

No comments: