Friday, March 23, 2007

The Great Outdoors

Jonah has been outside all afternoon. He digs in the dirt, plays on our swingset, draws with chalk, kicks the ball around. Today he has been burying his Lightning McQueen car in the dirt and then having Mater come and pull him out. He'll run to the window and tell be that "Lightning is stuck in the mud!" So cute. Sam is napping otherwise he'd be out too. My kids would rather be outside than inside. They have twice as many things to do inside so I always wonder WHY are they so content outside? I'm not complaining, I love having them play outside, but I wonder just what it is. It is supposed to rain on Saturday so I wanted Jonah to be out all he could today. It is so nice!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

It's been really nice here too. Mckenzie cries to go outside. All we have is a porch, but she loves it.

Don't you love that Cars movie? Mckenzie watches it all the time now. It's nice that she's into that and getting out of the Tellie Tubbie faze.

Audra said...

My kids love going outside too- playing soccer, swinging and playing with Emma! Hopefully it lasts- there are so many kids that more content watching tv- which is kind of sad since its so beautiful out!