Monday, September 17, 2007

Sam's Birthday Party

Sam had a Curious George Birthday. He is our "little monkey". I was pretty happy with this cake. I had my heart set on yellow frosting but when I was about to add the food coloring on Sunday I realized that I had no yellow food coloring! I had every other color, just not yellow. I called around and finally found someone who had some. Cake decorating never goes smoothly at my house! Here are Sam's presents from us that he got to open on Saturday, his real birthday. I spent a total of 7 dollars. It was a garage sale birthday for Sam. That big present was brand new though (still from a garage sale). It was a little sand and water toy with canals and boats, it's pretty fun. There will be no sand in it though! He also got a few books and a stuffed, furry soccer ball.
Here he is opening presents from family. We had a family birthday party on Sunday evening. The cousins had so much fun running around in the backyard it was hard to call then over to open presents!
Here is Sam trying out his new soccer ball!

2 comments:

Audra said...

Absolutely LOVE the cake! looks yummy and is super adorable!

Callie said...

I love the cake. With each birthday I say I am going to be more creative and artistic. Notice I never post a picture of any cakes. Way to go Rachel.