Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Last Days of the Crib

We often find Sam wrapped up in a blanket, sleeping on the floor. He has been able to climb out of his crib for a while now. On this night, like every other night that he does this, I scooped him up and put him in the crib. I felt something hard down by his foot and unwrapped the blanket to see what it was. He had gotten one of Jonah's dress shoes from the closet and put it on! You will also notice the Thomas the Train book in his bed. He has refused to go to bed without it recently. If he doesn't have it he'll just cry and say "Thomas" over and over.
Yesterday I took the crib down. We have a bed frame that I got at a garage sale for 10 dollars, but decided to just put the mattress on the floor for now. He did a great job taking a nap on the bed and eventually ended up on the bed last night after running around for a while. A pretty smooth transition, I guess he was just ready now that he is two.

2 comments:

Callie said...

I wish Lucy was still in the crib. When we moved to Independence we had her in the pack-n-play When we moved here I was so excited to get the crib up but we had misplaced the hardware for it throughout our packing. I called to order more but they didn't make it anymore. So, Lucy has been in a bed since we moved here. She does really well for naps but at night she gets out a lot. The naps really save me.

Audra said...

it took corynn forever to stay in her bed too. we are just now sleeping through the nights with out interruption.