Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Harry Potter Fever!

We have Harry Potter Fever at our house. The kids have been watching the movies (they haven't been interested in them up to this point), Alan and I have been listening to the last two books on cd, and I just convinced Bekah to start reading Sorcerer's Stone (the first book in the series). It is so fun to hear Jonah try to say names like Haggred, Dumbledore, Hogwartz, Hedwig and Hermoine, and now every tree is a womping willow!

Now that I've reread the Half-Blood Prince (the sixth book) I am ready and excited to read the Seventh book when it comes out on July 21st! I have had mixed feelings about it, not wanting to see how it ends, not wanting the series to end! Now I think I'm ready. Alan and I were sharing some theories about what will happen in the last book. He's got some interesting theories that may be true, we'll see. The Next Harry Potter movie comes out next week and we watched the trailer last night(we had to pause the Harry Potter cd to watch) We were also talking about how hard it would be to write the movies, having to edit out good parts of the book and how to change things to make the movie work.

No comments: