Monday, July 9, 2007

Summer Activities

Busy, Busy, Busy!! Summer activities seem to take up all my time and I haven't been blogging regularly. Here are some updates on the things we are doing right now.

  • Swimming lessons every morning for Bekah and Jonah. Jonah in particular loves swimming lessons and successfully passed preschool level one and is now in preschool level two. Last year he was in preschool level one for two sessions, but he doesn't care he just love to go and blow bubbles. Bekah is doing a very lovely front crawl and learning safety and survival things as well. Sam and I usually take a walk for 45 minutes, good time to get some exercise.
  • Bekah has been battling a summer cold, it just won't go away! I really hate that! Sam had pink eye last week too. It is so fun putting drops in his eyes!
  • Our neighbors gave us a rope swing and we hung it in one of our trees, now I have a swing too! I love that thing. I've decided that I always want to have a swing, just for me!
  • We are going on some weekend getaways soon and are excited to visit (among other placed) a water park and Ikea. Guess which one I'm most excited about!
  • We have been going to the zoo. Jonah can't stop talking about the baby turtle he saw. We have found afternoons less crowded, which we all like.
  • At the pool where the kids take lessons they have open swim time in the afternoon. We are members there and so we can swim for cheap! Sam wants to be like the big kids (no safety floating device for him!). This has been a hard one as he can't really swim! Jonah loves to jump in and go under water (something he hadn't done last year).

No comments: