Friday, January 25, 2008

A Crafty Month

Here is our new family home evening chart. I wanted to make a new one to add a place for Sam. We are pretty informal about family home evening, but it helps to have everyone have a job.
The names are stamped on thin wood pieces, painted and sanded. The hardware are drawer handles turned upside down. I used rub-on letters for the "family home evening". I used a label maker to mark the assignments under the drawer handles. The best part is, I had all this stuff on hand. These are just wooden blocks, painted and sanded. Then I used these rub-ons that I got at the dollar store. The "Love is patient, Love is kind" saying was all in one package, with the swirls and flowers. A pretty inexpensive little craft. I do want to tie a black and white check ribbon around them to finish it off, but I need to go shopping for that. I thought they turned out nice.

3 comments:

Audra said...

I noticed your family home evening chart the other night...too cute!

Hollie said...

You are so talented! It's amazing with the things you come up with.

Kori said...

LOVE THEM!!! SO CUTE!