Monday, August 20, 2007

Mourning the Loss

I was cleaning today and took a good look at my dining room chairs (They are disgusting thanks to my cute little boys!). I don't plan on keeping this dining room set very much longer (I bought it at a garage sale for $40), it is pretty much shot so I was kind of ignoring how bad the chairs look. It has to last for about one more year though so I went to Wal-Mart hoping to find some cheap fabric to cover the chairs and I was shocked to find that Wal-Mart no longer carries fabric!! I am so sad. The dollar a yard table was my favorite thing at Wal-Mart. It was so nice to spend so little on fabric to try out a pattern or make curtains, not to mention cover chairs. The Lady at the checkout said that all the Wal-Marts were not carrying fabric anymore. I don't like Wal-Mart very much for other things anyway so I won't be going there very often (like I did anyway!).

3 comments:

Audra said...

DANG! I haven't even noticed! That was my one-stop fabric shop! Bummer- I am now in mourning as well!

wendysue said...

Hey Rachel, I was just at the South one too and was so bummed. . .BUT, the north one still has the fabric!! I didn't think to ask if they'd be getting rid of it. . .I love their cheap, cute fabric!!

Hollie said...

Wow, no fabric at Wal-Marts! I think ours still has fabric. Now, I going to see for how much longer.

Oh, and Rachel....they have something here that you would LOVE! There is a store out here that sells fabric by the pound! It is sooooo cheap! Sometimes it's scraps, big scraps, or yards at a time. It's awesome!