Monday, March 9, 2009

Goodbye Green, Hello Red!

Well, it's over. The green van finally died. It has served us well and built up our faith. It went out in a blaze of white smoke on my way home one day two weeks ago. I thought it was on fire and was kind of scared. Sam and I got out fast and ran into the house. It wasn't on fire, but there were serious issues. Here's a few things that are wrong with this car:
  • Broken driver's sideview mirror.
  • Rearview mirror that has been glued back in place more times than I can count.
  • Tape player working only when it wants to.
  • No heat for about a year and a half. (The kids and I have good memories of driving to piano lessons in NE piling on blankets and wearing long johns with the promise of hot cocoa when we got home. It was SOOO COLD. We really didn't go out if we didn't have to!)
  • No defrost.
  • Having to lock side door by hand.
  • Back door being locked shut for about 3 weeks.
  • Always having to charge the battery.
  • cigarette charger not working for plugging in the all important DVD player.
  • The fun and excitement of not knowing if the car will start.
  • Not to mention the head gasket that finally did it in.


Enter the red van! What do I like about this car? EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

After being a previous green van owner of the same make and model, I cry tears of joy for you. Enjoy your new ride. You definately deserve it.

wendysue said...

I'm sure you shed NO tears when it said goodbye! LOVE your new van. . .I think it's a Honda right? They are the best!