Sunday, December 7, 2008

Guess How Much!

I found a new thrift store! They have lots of housewares and furniture which is what I need. The other thrift stores are heavy on the clothing and book side. Guess how much I paid for all of this. $7.84!!!! What a steal! I know exactly where the two big frames will go and what will go in them(some awesome pics Alan took). The leafy candle holder will go right above my bathtub. The smaller candle holder will be by the bathtub as well. The DVD is a stocking stuffer(don't tell the boys!). The oval frames I have no idea, but they were just cool! I hope it's not expensive to cut glass into ovals. I guess I'll find out. I love good deals!!!

5 comments:

wendysue said...

I didn't realize how big those frames were until you said that was a DVD. Wow! It feels so great to get awesome deals!!

Hollie said...

That was a sweet deal!!! I love finding new thrift stores. I did find out out in Aurora. Although, it was quite overpriced for a thrift store! I wasn't too happy about that. They did have some really nice stuff since it was in a nice part of town.

Anyway, I see we have the same background. Great minds think alike:)

Audra said...

the oval frames would be perfect for silhouettes of the kiddos- and it would be a fun family craft too! Some craft stores sell pre-cut glass...

good finds!

Sally said...

So where is this great thrift store? Joni and I love to go antiquing but everyone else thinks were crazy. You should come with us next time.

Rachel said...

Sally- Its called HOW on Aspen. It's actually not the best atmosphere, kind of smells like smoke and there was a live cat living there-but I don't mind that as long as there are good deals!