Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Settling In

I still can't get to my pictures, but we are getting settled in the new house. It has been an adventure that's for sure. We are a little bit farther away from shopping and it feels a little like we are out in the country. Right behind our house is a pond with frogs and turtles and fish. The kids love this! We went and bought nets and "bug" houses at the dollar store and they have been catching baby frogs like crazy! Our house even came with a cat! A gray cat showed up on the first day and we fed it (all we had was dog food). The cat was so skinny that I'm sure it would have eaten most anything we gave it! We bought some cat food and a bowl and now we have a cat! Bekah named it Kit Kat. Our dog is pretty jealous!
Alan started work yesterday and I decided to get the kids all registered for school. We went down to the office and were getting everything copied. Then we got to the immunization records. It turned out the kids needed a Hepatitis A vaccination here. The lady told me I could get free shots at this one clinic so off we went to wait an hour to get these shots! My kids were so not happy with having to get more shots. Then it turned out that Bekah needed two additional shots (tetanus and another chicken pox shot)! It took so long to do all this that I ended up taking the kids out to Sonic as a treat. Anyway, everyone is now registered and ready for school.
Hopefully I will be posting pictures soon!

3 comments:

Christy said...

After all of that it was YOU that needed a treat from Sonic! I hope you got something good.

We'll be down that way in a couple of weeks. You'll have to come out to my mom's house and have the kids play on the GIANT waterslide!

Brenda said...

Poor things, more shots. That's just terrible for them. Good thing Mom came through with the extra special treat.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you guys made it and that you're settling in. Bummer about the shots! Good luck getting unpacked.